One can’t declare the winters without tasting the gajar ka halwa. Grated carrots with milk, Ghee and assorted nuts are the most soothing sign of a long awaited winter. Here we are sharing the ‘Gajar ka Halwa’ recipe. It is one of the most favorite dish. It is originated in Punjab, it is a enchantment during the winter. Grated carrots, fresh milk, grinded sugar and nuts are stirred and cooked together.
Ingredients of Gajar Ka Halwa
- 1 kg carrots
- 1 liter milk
- 8 cardamoms
- 5 – 7 Tsp ghee
- 5 – 7 Tsp sugar
- 2 Tsp raisins
- 1 Tsp almonds
- 2 Tsp dates
How to Make Gajar Ka Halwa?
- Peel & grate the carrots.
- Boil in milk until liquid evaporates.
- Heat ghee in a non sticky pan and add the carrots mixture.
- Cook over a medium flame for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Stir in sugar and cook until the mixture gets reddish.
- 6. Add dried fruit and serve it hot.