A podiatry clinic is a type of clinic in which people suffering from different types of foot related issues like infections, fractures and others can receive treatment from the experts. The experts who specialize in the lower limbs of the body are known as Podiatrists. A podiatrist is a specialist who has the skills and expertise to diagnose and treat different issues related to the lower parts of the legs. They can treat different types of infections and fractures with the help of medicines and also by carrying out surgeries. Those who are suffering from diabetes are at a higher risk of different types of feet infections. If not taken care of at an early stage, these infections can lead to something as complicated and deadly as gangrene, which might require amputation. Therefore, in order to avoid such a situation, if you are a diabetic patient and you are experiencing any kinds of discomforts in your lower limbs, then you should rush to a podiatry clinic and get attended by an expert and experienced Podiatrist.
Different Foot Conditions Taken Care of By Podiatrists
Podiatrists specialize in taking care of different types of foot conditions. Here are some of tasks handled at a podiatry clinic:
- Carrying out surgeries to fix any major or minor fracture in the lower limb region
- Treating different types of wounds with the help of proper medication
- Offering feet care treatment to those who are suffering from diabetes and who are at a high risk of having feet infections.
- Taking care of children’s feet too
- Providing a wide range of different types of foot care services
Some Common Foot Problems That Require Attention of a Podiatrist
Here are some of the most common issues related to the lower limbs, which need to be attended at a podiatry clinic:
- Ingrown toenails
- Different types of foot infections
- Nail infections
- Heel Pain
- Smelly Feet
- Cracked or dry heel skin
- Heel spurs
- Hammer toes
- Flat feet
- Different types of foot injuries
- Pain in foot muscles and ligament
The Risk Factors That Need to Be Taken Care Of
There are certain health issues which are likely to trigger different types of foot related problems. Here are some of the major risk factors:
- Those who are suffering from obesity can develop flat feet and other kinds of complications
- Diabetic patients are very much prone to different types of foot infections
- Arthritis is another health condition that can lead to different types of complications in the lower limb area
- Those who are suffering from high cholesterol are also at the risk of being affected by foot infections
- At times, heart ailments and different types of cardiovascular issues can also cause complications in the lower limb area
Those who are suffering from these health conditions need to take special care of their feet. However, in case of any discomfort or pain, which has sustained over a period of time, it is time to rush to a podiatry clinic.
These days, podiatry clinics have the most modern and sophisticated equipment which helps the doctors to diagnose the issue as quickly as possible. There are different types of tests which need to be conducted, and usually, all these tests are done at the podiatry clinic itself.
If you are a diabetic patient, or you have a history of lower limb injury, then you should keep the address and number of your nearest clinic handy! You might need to pay a visit that at any point of time!