BMW is a German multinational automobile company that manufactures and sells cars under the name of BMW, Mini and Rolls-Royce and motorcycles under the brand name of BMW Motorrad. It is one of the tops -selling luxury car companies in the world. The automobiles come with great looks, high performance, and the latest technology. These machines require proper care and maintenance to ensure good performance every time. So, when it comes to repair and services of these vehicles, you need a reliable BMW mechanic. There are auto repair shops that claim to repair and service different models of BMW cars, but they might not have specialists for the job.
Why Look for Specialists?
- One of the main reasons why you should only look for a specialist BMW mechanic is that they have the right training. Handling any other car and a BMW model is not the same. The mechanic must have a specialized technical training program to repair and service the BMWs. BMW Step program that includes both classrooms and on job sessions can help the mechanic to understand the various parts and technology behind it.
- Specialists who repair and maintain the BMWs have experience with working with it. The trained and experienced technician can always find the problem and fix it effectively. And you won’t have any issues with handing over your valuable vehicle to them.
- Unlike a general auto repair shop that uses an ODBII scanner to diagnose the problem with the automobile, BMW mechanic uses advanced technology for the same. Diagnostic equipment, computers and software are used by them to identify the real issue and then find the way to fix it.
- A reliable BMW technician really cares for the vehicle unlike other auto repair shops where different cars come for repair and servicing.
- A specialist BMW mechanic uses only genuine parts in the repair and servicing of the vehicle. Genuine OEM parts by BMW can only be found with dealers and authentic BMW repair shops. The specialists there use the right tools for the replacement and repair of parts.
How to Find a Reliable BMW Technician?
It has been mentioned that specialist mechanic must be trained and experience, but question arises about how to find them. There are many ways that can help you identify qualified BMW mechanic from the rest.
- It is always right to take your vehicle especially luxury cars like BMW to specialized auto repair shops or dealerships. The repair shops that specialize in BMWs only have trained and experienced BMW mechanic. Here you will find genuine parts, proper diagnostic and repair tools for the BMW vehicles only.
- You must look for repair shops that use diagnostic tools that are more than just OBDII scanners. They must have computers and software like GT1, SSS etc. for the job. Also, advance tools for the repair and servicing must be available there.
- You must check for BMW Master Certified Technician with at least 5 years of on-job experience for your automobile. These technicians are trained enough to handle all the latest models of BMWs.
- Make sure the BMW repair shops have memberships in automotive professional affiliations like ASE(Automotive Service Excellence), ASA( Automotive Service Association) etc. You can research the company from the Better Business Bureau.
An expert mechanic can diagnose the problem, repair the parts and service the automobile in the right way. This can ensure high performance, long life and reduce the chances of sudden breakdowns and issues. Taking the car to dealerships or authentic BMW repair auto repair shop is the only way to ensure proper repair and servicing of the vehicle. Asking people around and reading reviews on the various auto magazines and online sites can help in finding the right repair shop for your BMW.